OK..Here I'm going to post some pictures of her playing the past few days!
her Daddy thought it would be funny to pose her like this in front of the TV.
She didn't complain, she loooves that TV
I really honestly have no idea how many naps babies her age should take, or when, or for how long. Anyone have any advice on that? I'm not big on scheduling... I can't keep myself on a schedule, let alone anyone else. However, I like for her to have some sort of consistency and routine with her naps and feeding times whenever possible.
Since she's gone to 5 bottles a day, she almost always wakes up around 6 am, so then she has another somewhere in the vicinity of 10, 2, 6 and 10. That last bottle is a bit of a predicament for us, because 1) that's a little late for her to be staying awake waiting on her last bottle and 2) if she goes to sleep before it, then she wants to be wide awake after she eats, and mommy and daddy are ready for us all to go to bed!! Sometimes if she falls asleep before her last bottle, I'm tempted to let her stay asleep-but I know that means we will be waking up at 3 or 4 am to eat, and I also really want to encourage her to sleep through the night - which she is doing beautifully. My goal was to get her to wake up and eat around 5 am instead of 6ish, then that would move her last bottle up to around 9pm, which seems much more reasonable... so I guess maybe I should set my alarm for 5 am for a few days and feed her then, and hope she picks up that habit on her own. Again, I would welcome any suggestions from my fellow mommy friends... this is the stuff that no doctor tells you how to do!!
Well... yesterday I got up and made Stephen homemade waffles. It was part of our bet for the Texas-Alabama game. If he (Alabama) won, I had to make him waffles. If I (Texas) won, then he had to wake up and give Kemble her early morning bottle while I slept in. I thought it was a pretty fair bet, but as we all know, those t-sips lost, so I made him waffles - which were yummy! I love making them ever since I got my George Foreman G5 from the Buies for my birthday with the waffle iron! (Paninis are our new favorites too!!)
So anyway after that Stephen went to buy new golf shoes and Kemble and I hung out and cleaned the house. Kayla and David came over for the evening, and I cut her hair in the kitchen, then we all watched TV, played online and chatted for a while over pizza and wine and of course the boys had beer.
I thought Kemble looked so cute last night, here's what she wore:
It took us a while to put Kemble to bed last night after they left, she didn't have a good nap yesterday, and again, took her last bottle at 10:30 and then was wide awake and I think her gums were bothering her again (thank Heaven for frozen teether toys), but finally Daddy had the magic touch and got her to sleep. We all crashed! I'm so glad she seems to be recovering from her cold - she still coughs every once in a while (although I haven't heard her cough today!) and her nose still seems stuffy, but she is back to eating her normal amounts and not sleeping all day, and the congestion seems so much better. I hope it's something we don't have to deal with again for a very long time... I hate her being sick. This is what she looked like when she was sick:
Hopefully we can get through the rest of the cold season and into summer without any more issues! We're ready for the beach!
And last... but not least.... pictures of her in the cutest outfit EVER. My mom got it for her and she has worn it a couple of times but I just got good pictures of her in it the other day. And I promise.... every post won't have this many pictures, it's been hours since I actually typed the post, uploading pics takes forever!!


Oh, and one more thing.... I am not sure if subscribing/following will email you the posts after all, but you can sign up for Google Reader which may have a setting to email you updates, I'm not sure. If anyone has any more info on this let me know!
-k
I am so excited that you have a blog. It is my "quiet, I don't want to dare wake Elizabeth up" thing to do during nap time. As to the scheduling thing, when Lizzy was 4 months old, I didn't have a great schedule, but it was when I started getting a nap routine down. By the time Lizzy was 6 months old, she was taking two naps a day (9:30 and 2:30) and then going to bed at 8 and waking up between 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning. The naps were each about 2 hours long. But you know, I am a schedule lover! Sounds to me like you really do have it figured out, even if it doesn't feel like you do! :)
ReplyDeleteOne more thing I did for Lizzy when she got stuffed up...we would go and sit in the steamy bathroom with the hot water running for a good long while. It really helped. Give yourself a hug for me. I wish I could see you guys!