Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A sunshiney, valentiney post!

Maybe Punxsutawney Phil knew what he was doing this year when he did not see his shadow and predicted spring's arrival! After all the winter weather that is so unusual for Texas over the past couple of weeks, all of a sudden now it's sunny and 70 degrees! In fact, the highs are in the mid-70's for the next week, at least! There's nothing better!

Kemble has loved the chance to play outside. She has always, always loved to go outside, and as she gets older and can do more while she's out there, I think she loves it even more! She loves to kick a ball around, run around in the grass, lean against our fence and check out the birds and airplanes flying overhead.

how she says "please"


She's screaming here...
She is quite the screamer these days - she screams when she is mad, happy, excited, scared, or mad! She screams when she sees animals, birds, planes, the moon, her balls, or pretty much anything that excites her.


She also loves to go to the park and feed the ducks and swing. This weekend we went to the park (which was so crowded since everyone's been cooped up!) and she even tried the slides for the first time. She wasn't extremely crazy about them, but I think she wanted to like them because she kept going several times. She really loved watching all the big kids play, too.





Sunday we met Melissa and Chris at Twisted Root in Deep Ellum for some yummy burgers, and then we made a pitstop on the way home for Sprinkles cupcakes! Kemble really loved her icing, but wasn't a fan of the cake....

We had a great Valentine's Day... I made Kemble breakfast - scrambled eggs, a heart-shaped pancake, and strawberries sliced into heart shapes. She loooooves strawberries!


The rest of the day we played and read all of her Valentine's books. She tried on my shoes and jewelry.... she LOVES to get into my jewelry box!


While she napped, I gave the house a much needed cleaning! When Daddy finally got home from work, he brought flowers to both Kemble and I. Kemble got bright pink, purple and white daisies, and I got gorgeous coral, yellow and white gerbera daisies. They were perfect! Stephen got a new watch from Kemble and I. My gift was a digital drum set, which is so fun to play on! I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it! I have always wished I knew how to play the drums.


Kemble also got a sweet Valentine card and a treat for her piggy bank from Nonnie. She was SO excited to get mail of her very own, and she loved reading the card and she acted like she knew the money was something pretty special!



We hope everyone had a wonderful, happy Valentine's Day! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment