Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kemble at (almost) 15 months


Well, I haven't posted in a while so I just wanted to write about what Miss Kemble is up to these days. It is something new every day, I assure you!! Here are a few pictures from my blogger absence the past couple of months:






She is getting so big. Her hair is getting longer and thicker. She loves to brush it! Washing it, not so much.

She is walking everywhere. It took her about a month or so after she started taking steps to get used to walking and slowly stop crawling, but she is definitely all over the place now! In fact, if I turn my head for a second she will disappear and I have to run all over the house looking for her. She loves to get into the kitchen cabinets and pull out all of my tupperware, take all the magnets off the fridge, and hide in little nooks and corners... she got that one from her Uncle Tres.


She just loves to explore everything in general. For a few days she was obsessed with going into the dining room, which was not babyproofed at all because it's where all of my dishes and glassware and vases and everything breakable lives, so I just tried to keep her out and she had no interest in that room anyway, until one day when she wandered in there after hearing the sound of glass on the tile (not breaking, she was rolling a wine bottle she'd somehow gotten off the wine rack around on the floor) and I told her how she couldn't go in that room because so many things could hurt her, and she instantly became obsessed with sneaking in there any chance she could get. So needless to say, we ordered an extra wide baby gate and she is no longer able to play with wine bottles!

She loves to eat and eats really well. Her favorites are pretty much the same: blueberries, bananas, crackers, graham crackers, cheese, "ish" (goldfish), yogurt, beans of any kind except lima, scrambled eggs, bread and toast, and french fries. Recently, I took her for her first Happy Meal and she looooved her cheeseburger and ate it like such a big girl!!
She eats very independently and really doesn't want to be fed at all anymore, other than yogurt. I had been giving her infant cereal with fruit/veggie purees every morning because I just feel like it's so good for her - she gets her milk, whole grains with plenty of iron, fruits, and veggies all in one, but lately she has been resisting it. We've kind of started trying to get her to feed herself with a spoon, but so far it's pretty much just her chewing on the spoon and making a huge mess.

She talks a lot, and the words she says still change constantly. She'll quit saying one thing, start another, quit that to start more. I know pretty soon she will pull them all back off the shelf and just start talking nonstop. Well she already does, but it's mostly baby gibberish, which is, of course, precious too! She repeats just about anything you say, but some words she consistently says and knows the meaning of are: outside, breakfast, fish, milk, juice, cheese, cracker, this, that, horse, light, yes, baby. She even says "I want this" or "I want that" from time to time. Lately she's gotten to a point where she whines and screams when she wants something and I'm trying hard to get her to show or tell me exactly what it is that she wants instead. What's truly amazing, though, is how much she understands. When we talk to her or ask her about something, it is completely obvious that she knows exactly what we're saying. If we ask her where something is, anything really, she will look at it or point to it. If we ask her a question, she will often answer yes.



She's fascinated with the parts of the face, and knows them pretty well now. She loves to give kisses, eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses and she knows the difference between all three. In fact, she also knows that you give kisses when you stand under the mistletoe, a lesson her Daddy taught her the day I hung it up! She loves to dance as always. She's learning to stack blocks, but usually she's better at knocking down the towers that Daddy and I build instead. She just learned to kick a ball this week and she is so proud of herself and thinks it is so very fun! She loves to push her baby (or Nunny, or remote controls, books or whatever else she stashes in there) around in her stroller. She loves to read as usual, but spends less time absorbed in books lately because she's too busy walking around and exploring.

Thanksgiving came and went really fast... it was kind of a disaster actually. Kemble had her ear infection return in one ear, we had a last minute trip to the Urgent Care and 2 antibiotics later, and she finally got better, but she did not fell well on Turkey Day and was not a happy camper. Later that day, she fell on Stephen's parents coffee table and busted her lip, and so that was definitely not fun either. We are so thankful she is feeling better now, but that day sure was exhausting for us all! Here she is in her Thanksgiving outfit and the turkey bow I made her to match which she will probably never wear again unless she has another pink green and yellow Thanksgiving outfit! Actually I took this the following week, the day was too hectic to get a decent picture!


Christmas is quickly approaching, I can't believe how fast it came!



We've made several trips back and forth from Waxahachie for holiday festivities and birthdays. Mamie's house was on the home tour again, so we were there to help with that, and it looked beautiful.





She really loves the tree and the presents, but she only likes to grab the pink plastic balls off and play with them, she doesn't mess with anything else. I've been very pleasantly surprised. We decided to get a fake tree this year, because last year we are pretty sure it was our real tree that caused allergy problems for all 3 of us. I hope we can have a real one again someday, because I really do miss that smell.... putting up a fake one sure was easy though!




We saw Santa last week at NorthPark with Jill and her girls, Mamie and Momma and Kemble was not too sure about the man in the red suit! The Buie gals went first, and when it was her turn I dumped her in his lap with her cousins and she had the most horrified look on her face for all of the pictures. She never did really cry, but she was fighting it hard!






Monday night Stephen and I took her to look at Christmas lights, a tradition we have always done together and have started with Kemble too. She couldn't see much of the lights to enjoy them from her car seat, but when we went to the house in the neighborhood that has a show set to music, we parked and got her out of her seat and let her sit up front with us and listen and watch and she just danced and squealed and was so excited!! We plan to take her back tonight to see it again!

We can't wait for our other Christmas traditions: the hayride to look at lights (we are hoping the weather cooperates so she can participate this year!), Santa's visit to our house Christmas morning, and spending the next few days hustling around to visit all of our family.

I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment