Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kemble's 2nd Christmas

Kemble had a fantastic second Christmas! I know she still doesn't really understand what any of it is about... but she definitely realized pretty quick that presents were for opening! Her eyes lit up when she saw what Santa had brought her Christmas morning, even if it was a little confusing, too!

On the 23rd, my family had our annual hayride around town to look at lights. I was disappointed in the lights, it seems like no one really gets into them anymore, which is sad. I was excited, however, that Kemble was able to go this year and we bundled up and she enjoyed the lights I think. We got to see lots of our friends and family and had lots of fun. Afterwards, Jill and her girls and Stephen, Kemble and I all spent the night with Mamie. We stayed up late talking (even Kemble made it until about 11!) and laughing and then got up early and had breakfast and coffee and talked some more! It was so fun and I hope it's a new tradition for us. Kemble just has a blast with her sweet, silly cousins!


bundled up on the hayride with Nunny

she loved it!

slumber party time! we all got matching pajamas this year!

these two were sleepy!


this one was so sleepy, she barely made it up the stairs before she crashed on the floor!
On Christmas Eve, we celebrated with Stephen's family. We had yummy ham for dinner and opened some great presents! Kemble got lots of fun toys, a Charlie Brown Christmas book, Linus blanket, and some cute clothes. She also got letter magnets for the fridge, so she can quit playing with random pizza and doctor's office magnets!

opening her magnets

snuggling with Grandma

playing peek-a-boo with the boxes

Afterwards we came home and set out cookies and milk for Santa, and fed the reindeer (although Kemble was much more into playing with her old, worn out Baby Einstein DVD cover than the reindeer food... maybe next year!) When I tried to get a picture with K and Santa's cookies, she immediately helped herself to 2, and ended up eating the Gingerbread Man's leg too. It was so cute! I'm sure Santa had plenty of cookies anyway.

not into feeding the reindeer at all!

the Magic Reindeer food I made for all the kiddos


Stealing Santa's cookies....

Headed to bed on Christmas Eve

Christmas morning, Santa was pretty good to her! He brought her: a tunnel/tent combo, a new stroller for her baby, a TV pillow and matching blanket, a kangaroo step toy (which we had to take back because it didn't work, she got a Weebles Treehouse and a Little People airplane instead), a puzzle, a bead maze made for a future engineer, and a stocking full of goodies! We got the whole thing on video, so hopefully I can get that edited and posted soon.


Goodies from her stocking


After we quickly looked at what Santa brought, then we were out the door and headed to Waxahachie to get to breakfast at Mamie's. After a delicious breakfast, we opened presents. Kemble got her first ride-on toy from Callianne (the kids all draw another kid's name) and she absolutely LOVES it! She drives it everywhere!

Christmas Breakfast

watch out! Kemble's got wheels!

Looking for the Pickle

Em found it!!

Reading Green Eggs and Ham with Mamie


After that, we headed to Nonnie's for a yummy turkey and dressing lunch and afterwards we opened presents there. Our spoiled girl got a piggy bank and a tea set from Nonnie, some adorable Gap PJ's from Carla and Jeff, a super cute purse with her name on it from Carlita and RG (can't wait to see what goodies she fills it with!), an awesome set of Mega Blocks from Clint, Sherry and the boys- which she loves but has to fight her Daddy for occasionally.

I actually like this picture of us! Usually I ruin every picture I take with her!

opening her cute purse!

Daddy Butch stole her bow, she thought it was pretty silly!

Nonnie helping her fill up her new piggy bank


Reading The Night Before Christmas with Nonnie

After the festivities died down at Nonnie's (and I got my sweet potato pie!) we headed to Susan's house for Baskets. As the day went on, I started feeling kinda crummy - but I just thought it was from not getting much sleep the nights before and all the back and forth.... but by the time Baskets rolled around I was really feeling yucky. We had some yummy tortilla soup and tamales, and then Mamie/Basketman delivered our baskets one by one. To be honest, I didn't really get to see everyone's because I was sitting in the corner dying (haha!) but Kemble loved opening hers and got some fun stuff, and Stephen and I got lots of great goodies too

Reading with BB

everyone loves basket time!



See? I sat in the corner.
I think I thought Nunny might make me feel better...
it works for Kemble after all!

LOL.... her "surprised" face

all 4 generations of girls!

The next morning, we woke up and opened presents between our family - Momma & Daddy, Tres & Chelsea and us. We just didn't have time to do it any other time. Kemble got an adorable shopping cart filled with fun foods, My Pal Violet, lots of good books, some cute shirts and sweaters from Daddy Butch and BB. She got her first Cabbage Patch baby and some adorable pink & green Polo shoes from Chelsea and Tres.

love this picture of Kemble and BB**

waiting for BB and Daddy Butch to get her new DVD going

time to shop!!!


loving her new Cabbage Patch doll!




Kemble really did have a great Christmas, she got to see her whole family within the 2 days, and was spoiled with lots of great gifts! In fact, Stephen and I got lots of nice Christmas gifts too, but I don't think in 20 or 30 years Kemble will care much about those, but she might want to know what she got! :) Not only that, but she was so cooperative and such a trooper! All day on that busy Christmas day, she was happy and fun and full of energy. She even took a good nap at Nonnie's house. I was so worried about her melting down from being so exhausted, but she was wonderful!

We are all really blessed to have such great family that we adore spending time with. I hate that it has to be so rushed and we can't spend more than a few hours with each family, but it's a good problem to have to have so many people to spend a special holiday with.

*Some of these pictures were taken by Susan and Melissa, so thank you to them for those! I just didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, especially once I started feeling so bad... I hate deciding between enjoying the moment, or capturing it on "film".

**We think we are changing Momma's grandmother name to BB instead of Grandmomma. My mom really wants Kemble to come up with something cute on her own, but she had kinda wanted it to start with a B, so Grandmomma was not leading her in that direction.... so we're going with BB for now and we'll see what Kemble makes of that. We've also considered BeckBeck, which is what lots of other kids call her, but I kind of thought Kemble should have her own name for her that was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment