Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankfulness

I'm a horrible blogger. Sorry!

On facebook over the past month, there has been a trend to post each day something that you are thankful for in the spirit of Thanksgiving. I tried to participate, although I admittedly forgot a few days. Today when I was catching up on my friends' blogs, I saw that our sweet friend Abby posted hers on her blog each day instead, and I decided even though I didn't do it each day, that I would go back and recap my facebook posts here (and fill in the ones I forgot!).

Day 1: I am so thankful for my sweet, supportive, funny, loving and smart husband who is my very best friend and who works hard so that I can stay home with our Kemble girl. We absolutely love each other unconditionally, and that is something to be thankful for each and every day. He truly makes my life complete.

Day 2: I am so thankful for my beautiful, sweet, happy, precious daughter Kemble. I could have never imagined the joy she would bring to me. She melts my heart each and every day with her smile and I feel so privileged to get to be HER mommy!

Day 3: I am thankful for my family - my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who make my life complete. They love and support me unconditionally, love Stephen as if he has always been a part of the family, and love Kemble like crazy. I love them all so much and consider each of them a friend - families like mine just don't come around every day!

Day 4: I'm thankful for my brother, Tres, who is always a source of laughter and a sweet spirit. I am so proud of him!

Day 5: I am thankful for good jeans that fit, look decent, and are comfortable. Seriously! I'm lucky enough to have 4 pairs of those right now! That's quite an accomplishment! :)

Day 6: I am very thankful for the opportunity that my parents gave me to be able to go to A&M and for my college experience. I learned a lot about life, a little in the classroom, and met the most wonderful husband in the world. Most of all, I am thankful to be an Aggie - From the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it!

Day 7: I am thankful for good friends - old and new. As I get older I realize what a true friend really is - and is not - and these days I am thankful for the ability to tell the difference and love the ones who are, even those who I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

Day 8: Today I am thankful for Baby Einstein and Nick Jr so I can get some things done that I've been putting off....nap times are just too short these days!! On that note, I am also thankful that my sweet girl is so good at playing and reading and entertaining herself on the rare occasions that Mommy just HAS to get stuff done!

Day 9: This might be silly, but I am thankful to own multiple cameras to capture so many moments with Kemble. Somehow, I still seem to miss things because I'm enjoying them myself instead of capturing them on film, but nevertheless, I am thankful for photographs.

Day 10: I am thankful for steroid shots which I've never had before but knocked my chest congestion totally out overnight!!! Now if we could only do something about this cough which does not require cough syrup with codeine.

Day 11: I am thankful for everyone who has ever fought and sacrificed for our country and their families who worry about them, love them, and miss them.

Day 12: I am so thankful for the fun we are having with our girl - Kemble started walking last night! So proud of her!!!

Day 13: I am so thankful for babies and the joy they bring! 'm also thankful that their arrival means a reason for friends to get together to celebrate and prepare! We loved helping Kayla prepare for baby Sloane at her shower!

Day 14: Each day I am thankful for the precious smiles and excitement Kemble has every single morning when I come get her from her bed. :) When she hears her door open, she sucks in a quick breath and then peeks through the slats to see who's coming, then grabs Nunny and stands up to reach for us and immediately starts talking nonstop. The best part of my day, hands down.

Day 15: I am thankful for the wonderful massage I got last night and that post-massage sore but good feeling I have today :) Thank you to Momma for the birthday money to spend on it!

Day 16: I am thankful that the things that seem to plague my baby are comparatively trivial. We've been suffering from car sickness this month, which is not fun for any of us. I think I might go crazy if I have to take that entire car seat apart again!!

Day 17: We are thankful for urgent care clinics who have been open at odd hours for us to take our baby in to a caring doctor ... only to find out her right ear is still not draining and is still infected. Also thankful for antibiotics! Hope my baby feels better soon!

Day 18: I'm thankful for Kemble's sweet, adaptable, compliant personality. She eats pretty much anything I give her (and then some!), plays with anything, will sit and read books to herself as long as I'll let her, and has just made every change we've thrown at her without batting an eye. I love her!

Day 19: I am so thankful for beautiful, cool weather. I love each season, but I'm always ready for the next one to hit, and these mild winter temperatures are so fun! Bring on the soup, Uggs, and cute hats!

Day 20: Is thankful for a winning season for my Fightin' Texas Aggies! Gig 'em! (Also thankful we were good enough to be televised most weeks so we could enjoy watching them!). "There's a spirit can ne'er be told... It's the spirit of Aggieland!"

Day 21: I am thankful for Galveston... not the city so much, but the place where our family is fortunate enough to spend 2 weeks together each summer, laughing, playing, eating, swimming, tanning, shopping, sleeping, reading, drinking and enjoying. I am thankful for a grandmother who provides this luxury for us each year. Once Christmas is over, the Galveston countdown will begin!

Day 22: I am thankful for our home. It has been the perfect house for Stephen and I to start our marriage in, and aside from providing shelter, it also brings us much joy. I will always miss this house when the time comes for us to leave it.

Day 23: I'm thankful for other Mommies advice to help me solve problems, and the outlets I have to get it, such as the internet and facebook.

Day 24: Is thankful for Mamie's house (also known as Daughter and Mimi's house, or the Patrick Home). It has been in our family since it was built in 1899 and it is truly a home away from home for all of us. It's our meeting place, party venue and memory keeper. Today everyone from all 4 generations placed our hands in the brand new sidewalks. It's getting a facelift - new paint, new sidewalks - it will be even more beautiful! I hope we can keep it in the family forever.

Day 25: Is thankful for Stephen's family who we spent Thanksgiving with today. I am also thankful for their support during a stressful day for me! Kemble was tired and hungry and screamed through lunch, wouldn't nap, and then later busted her lip on the coffee table. They kept us calm and fed us yummy food!

Day 26: Is thankful for weekends spent at home with my little family, half of the time hanging out in our pajamas, and getting a little work done around the house too. (Although we are really missing being in Hamilton with my family this particular weekend but decided to stay home to let our girl get some rest and feel better)

Day 27: I am so thankful for the opportunity each Christmas to find gifts for the people I love and wrap them up beautifully. Wrapping gifts is, for me, one of the biggest highlights of Christmas, twice as fun as opening my own gifts!

Day 28: SO thankful for amazon.com. What did I ever do without it?! Free 2-day shipping, no sales tax, cheap diapers, Kindle e-books, and they sell literally EVERYTHING under the sun! :)

Day 29: Is thankful for Stephen's sweet aunt June who we don't get to see often but we wish we did! She is so thoughtful and sent us money to buy a new video camera (which should arrive today). She loves to read our blog and see pictures of Kemble - now hopefully it will be easier for her to see video, too! Our old video camera is not extremely computer-friendly. Thank you, June, we love you!

Day 30: I am so thankful for my family. I have said it in several posts already, but my family truly is the center of my world. I feel so blessed to have been born into the family I was with the parents and brother I have, to have grown up close with my grandparents, and ALL of my aunts, uncles and cousins, to have known my great grandmothers and great-great-aunt for many, many years of my life. I'm grateful for the fun we have together, the memories we treasure and the legacy they left for us, and I will carry that with me forever, and hopefully, pass it on to my children as well. I now realize that this is something that is actually pretty rare in life, yet I can't imagine it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment