Well, it's that time again! Here are Kemble's 11-month pictures with Ellie! Please excuse the too-small white onesie, we've outgrown them all!
such a big girl!
Eating... well, that's becoming an adventure. I've been trying to not let my fear of you choking hold me back from letting you eat finger foods, which you generally prefer, but it's hard! Half of the time, you are cramming everything into your mouth at once, until you choke, and I lose my mind. The other half, you protest against everything I try to give you. I have no clue how much you're actually eating (versus what ends up in your lap and on the floor) and I really have no clue how much you're even SUPPOSED to be eating in this form! It never seems like enough, even when you clearly seem like you are full and not interested in more. Sometimes you are more interested in making a huge mess than eating, or you will eat good - just really slowly, and other times you're just perfect. I hate when you choke, even though it's never been extremely serious - I think you're mostly just gagging yourself until you start to choke, it is so scary for me and always brings me back to those moments when you were a newborn and turning blue in my arms, which of course, sends the meal quickly downhill for me and I just want it to be over! Providing a variety of fresh, nutritious, baby-friendly foods is harder than popping open a jar of baby food, so that's been a challenge for me too. You can pretty much eat everything now, we haven't done anything with nuts or strawberries yet until your first birthday though, so I'm getting over the fear of allergies and rashes each time we try new things, although you do sometimes get a rash around your mouth after eating certain foods, which I assume is just the acid irritating your skin where it didn't get cleaned well enough. We just recently ventured into eggs, and while you haven't had them scrambled, you've tolerated them fine in other foods so we will probably try that soon. You love diced fruit like peaches and pears, beef and chicken, cheese, yogurt (after a couple of failed attempts), crackers, Puffs, diced carrots and green beans, rice, pasta and we're just venturing into beans, which you like pretty well too. Pretty much, if we're eating it, you want it. If I eat my lunch at a different time than you, I no more than sit down with my plate before you're crawling over to me in a hurry to beg for bites! I've never seen you move so fast! :)
Can I please have these Puffs Mommy?!
Here is what you're up to at 11 months:
-Your favorite hobby: dancing. You get new moves every day! You just love to stand on something and dance your heart out! You say "da da da" for dance, dance, dance! You will look down to stare at your own moves and get so proud of yourself. Right now your favorites are swaying from one leg to the other back and forth (and you're getting much quicker too!), and holding up your right leg in the air - not sure why you think that's dancing, but it's adorable nonetheless!
-Your second favorite hobby is to sit on the floor (especially the tile or wood) and spin around and around in circles using your feet to push yourself around. It's so cute and you have so much fun doing it!
-You also love to roll your feet. I can't really describe it, you just roll them. As sweet, smart Callianne put it, your bones are just smaller and more bendy than ours! :)
-Your favorite things in the house to get into: the bookshelf with the 3 frames i deemed safe enough for you to look at and hold, and the magazine basket (which is overflowing at an alarming rate as Stephen and I neither one have time to read magazines anymore!).
Choosing what she wants from the American Girl catalog????
Getting into the bookcase
Notice the toes out of the sandal..... always!
-Sometimes it seems like the things that we tell you no to, you become even more obsessed with exploring, such as the entertainment center and the brick hearth.
-Speaking of being ornery, when you get "in trouble" for getting into things you're not allowed to, you just smile and laugh most of the time. We're going to have to do something about you thinking the word No is laughable...... In fact, you are giggling out of control right now while trying to grab my keyboard keys (which you've already broken 2 of off) even though I am firmly telling you no!!!
-You looove to drink from a cup with a straw and sometimes even refuse your sippy cup if there's a straw in sight. You still won't drink your formula from a cup of any kind, so hopefully next month you will tolerate milk in it when we plan to take away your bottles.
-You can get everywhere now, and love to find new places to hang out around the house. You crawl well, and cruise along the furniture even better. You've completely learned to sit down by yourself from standing, and you love to practice standing all by yourself!
-You are saying more words occasionally: dance (da), bib, end (id - or eh-duh - i say it to you at the end of every book and you now say it with me), bottle (baba or bada), baby
-Even more noticeable than the words you are saying, you are beginning to understand lots of what we say to you. We will tell you to do something (throw the ball) and you will do it.
-You laugh appropriately at things that are truly funny. Silly commercials, the puppets on your Baby Einstein movies, when Momma trips or when Daddy burps, you think it's all pretty funny!
-Daddy's nickname for you has always been Squeaker, because beginning at about 3 weeks old, you squeaked pretty frequently. It dissipated as you got older, but just recently started up again full force. I don't know if it was just a little flare up of your laryngomalacia, or if it was related to coming off of your Prevacid, learning to crawl and pull up, or having some allergies and congestion, because all of those things pretty much happened at once and the squeakiness was right behind them. We're taking you to an ENT this week to make sure it is nothing more serious that requires treatment.
-My new nickname for you is Nosy Rosy. Oh my goodness, you just can't stand to not know what's going on all around you. Especially when we're out and about - you will just stare at everything and everyone, and the looks on your face and those expressive eyebrows let us all know what you're thinking!
she gave that pretty baby in the mirror good kisses!
-You recently had your first diaper rash after apparently sleeping all night with a dirty diaper we didn't know about. Fortunately, it cleared up after a couple of day of using Lanolin and Desitin.
-You love your Grandmomma and when you see her you don't have much interest in the rest of us anymore. You love to chew on her jewelry, and Daddy Butch's too. Momma just doesn't wear jewelry anymore! :)
-Your favorite toys right now: your music tables, your Groovy Girl mermaid from Galveston, your wooden hedgehog teether, your soft Baby, your butterfly that you can crawl after, and as always: anything you can chew on and all of your stuffed animals.
-You have very little interest in sitting still or snuggling with us. I can't wait for you to be snuggly again, but I know you're just anxious to explore everything right now, and that's OK!
Kemble loves her Daddy!
-As always, you love to be read to and sung to. You love to watch you cartoons or Baby Einstein movies. You love to watch The Wheel of Fortune with us every night. You love to take walks in your stroller, and go shopping. You love to go outside (although it's been so hot we haven't been able to go out as much! We're thankful for the past couple of nice cool days and looking forward to fall!). You love bath time too!
-I have to brag on you a little bit: I started this in the living room with you but with you trying to pick my keys off the keyboard and my laptop battery dying, I came to the office to finish and upload pictures from my camera, and every single time I've gone back to the living room to check on you, you've just been sitting there reading your books!! Such a sweet, good girl! :)
I can't believe this time next month I will posting birthday party pictures!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment