Friday, July 16, 2010

Having Fun at the Beach!

Well, Kemble, Stephen and I are having a wonderful time at the beach!! She loves the sand and water, and seems to think the sand tastes good, for reasons I haven't figured out - but I try to keep her from eating it whenever possible! I've been snapping lots of good pictures which will have to come later, the internet connection is not good enough to upload pictures here.

Although she is enjoying the beach, and we try to get out there often, she's also spending lots of time at the house playing (or napping, or eating, etc) and she has managed to learn to crawl! I predicted she would, because she'd been pretty close, but the combination of seeing Lainey (a family friend) crawling around, and having Callianne and Jessica and everyone else down on the floor enticing her, she picked it up. She still is only crawling if she really wants something, and she's not 100% yet, but it's so cute and I know by the time we will get home she will be a pro - which means a day of babyproofing for Mama and Daddy because we have not done that yet! She is loving having all the family around and enjoying having a house full of people to entertain and watch her. The only bad thing that has happened is that she has 4 mosquito bites on her face :( They have been bad all year around the house and beach depending on the weather, but we've managed to keep her out of them, but we went to dinner at Fisherman's Wharf and there were mosquitos in the restaurant and she got bitten. It makes me so sad and mad, especially that they are on her beautiful face!

Stephen has been enjoying kayaking, fishing, golfing, eating shrimp and playing with Kemble. I've been enjoying taking pictures (especially of Kemble) and wishing I had a fancy new camera, playing with the Digger shells, cooking, drinking pina coladas and visiting with family and friends (Melissa and Chris are here for the weekend, and Kelsie, Grant, Garret and Kade have been here for a few days too), and of course watching Kemble enjoy everything!

The beach has been really nice, no seaweed, NO TAR BALLS - despite the media's attempt to make it sound awful down here, there aren't too many good shells - I found a few yesterday, unfortunately I lost them afterwards, and the water's been rough although it's smooth as glass this morning.

I better go enjoy my morning before we go to lunch and shopping on the Strand today! Just wanted to update on our vacation and Kemble's new skills! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment