Monday, August 1, 2011

Mother's Day Out

Well yesterday was a big day in the Hayslip household! Kemble went to Mother's Day Out for the first time ever. It went great! When we got there, she was a little timid at first, but we got down and started playing with the other little girls, and once she was having fun I kissed her and told her I loved her and would be back later to get her...she didn't even react! So I crept out and she never even turned around. I was dying to hang around longer - but I was afraid the longer I stayed, the harder it would be when I did leave, so I just left while the gettin' was good.


I came home and unpacked boxes and organized our bathroom, my closet, and the laundry room. The day seemed to drag on forever!! When it was time to pick her up at 2, I was so excited I could hardly stand it! She was thrilled to see me and ran to give me a big hug, then went back to cooking a plastic cheeseburger in the toy kitchen's microwave! I think she was showing me that she'd played and had fun. Her teachers said she had done great - no crying at all. They said a couple of times she acted like she might cry, but they were able to easily distract her with something fun. She didn't get much of a nap - 20 minutes - and didn't eat much lunch, but I guess that's to be expected in a new environment. Afterwards we went to Merry Toppins for frozen yogurt with her new school friend Ellie and her mom, Maca, who I know. I think they've had fun together!
Kemble and Ellie on the playground at school

Once we were home, she was so happy and talkative and silly. She kept dancing and was digging out toys from her toy box to play with. She was making all kinds of sounds I've never even heard her make and trying so hard to talk to me. This was what I was hoping for - I really think that playing with the other kids brings out the best in my girl!

Today we're off to Musikgarten class. She's doing great and starting to love it. She's still a little shy about some of the things, but she is opening up more and more and having fun. After that we're headed to Cedar Hill to get fabric so I can make her a nap mat cover!

She sure is growing up! We have more and more fun with her every day (except for the time spent dealing with tantrums! Ready for that stage to be over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment