February 24, 2009
Last night my hopes, dreams and prayers came true! We're pregnant!
I hadn't suspected it too much, although, like I do every month, I've had some quirks that in the back of my mind made me wonder. Everything tasted funny to me. Foods that I have regularly have been tasting "wrong", or sometimes even bad. Especially a Sonic Diet Cherry Limeade, the jambalaya and cornbread I made the other night, most Diet Cokes/Dr Peppers. They all just tasted funny. Plus I had some strange cramping but I attributed it to being about to start my period, but something made me go get some tests, and I took one, and sure enough, almost instantly 2 lines appeared! So of course I took another one, a digital one, and It says YES!
I took the first test right before Stephen came home and I knew he'd be home any second. I also knew that there was no way in the world I'd be able to keep from telling him. I always thought I'd do something cutesy to let him know, but I was too excited so I just tied some pink and blue ribbons around the test, put it in a box, and told him I had something for him as soon as he walked in. It was a great moment!
Right now I've got lots of questions, but I am so excited that I can't sleep. Obviously, it's 5am and I am wide awake!
I want to call everyone I know.. but I'm trying very patiently to wait until after we've been to the doctor to confirm and make sure that everything's ok with our little teeny baby.
It is so hard to believe that there is a little life inside of me that we made. It is incredible. Whether it's a boy or a girl has already been determined and she or he already has eyes, hands, and a beating heart, even though it is the size of an apple seed! Simply amazing!
Now that I'm actually pregnant, I feel foolish for thinking it would never happen. It only took about 6 months, which is actually quite normal... it just seemed like forever. Now I realize that in just 9 short months (if my personal due date calculation is correct, he or she will arrive the week of my birthday! Around October 27.) we will become parents of a sweet, beautiful child.
In fact, Stephen shocked me with his initial reaction. He became me for a short second! He wanted to go and buy everything we could buy! Nursery furniture, clothes, diapers.... I laughed so hard and told him we had plenty of time for that... but deep inside, i was wanting the same thing! It will be so very hard for me to resist the baby aisle for a few months.
I am so overjoyed and excited and just plain giddy. I have no clue how I will be able to not tell anyone at work or my family when I see them today.
Also, I have always wanted a summer baby, mostly because I envisioned me being huge and whale-like in a cute maternity sundress rather than a turtleneck and stretch jeans, but now I realize that this will be perfect timing for us.
....For our little family. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment